Just a Q about Aliens
Thursday July 23, 2020
A little bit of sci-fi conceptualization: Could aliens represent a collective-unconscious view of the role of the intuitive psychology in the future of humanity?
Is the alien a symbol of the highly-intuitive psychology?
- Big heads/minds.
- Weak bodies (compared to the sensory strength, the image of the strong body)
- Collectively feared, yet physically weak
- The mental powers are scary.
- Reading minds.
- Knowing what people think before those people do anything.
- Communicating via mental models.
- Creating new technologies.
- Prophesying about humanity’s future.
- Comfortable in dealing with and navigating the unknown.
- Looking after the big picture of humanity, in some sense.
- Unconcerned with rather archaic notions (e.g. transcending traditional models—genderless, often without a nationality).
Where we (humanity) are going, we may need to draw on the powerful (big-picture, intellectual, prophetic) gifts of these “aliens”…
Could the alien be seen as a sort of gift to ourselves—less of an external phenomenon, perhaps (or perhaps not), but also a powerful set of exemplary mental models which will be needed as humanity matures and becomes whole?
Think about the scientist, too. The stereotypical NT personality. Intuitives. Always a bridge between mankind and the understanding of or communicating with aliens…psychologically this makes a lot of sense.
When My Words Meet Your Mental Stageplay →
A quick way to get more creative coding control with ChatGPT →
Why it can be a good idea to say "Thank You" to ChatGPT →
Let's Talk Zuckerberg and BJJ, and What That Says →
April '23: What's New Here? Books, Movies, Software, Art, EDC, Advanced Fitness, and Coconut Juice →
Things I Made for You
Own your procrastination with Whole Productivity, a new system → Get my free INTJ COVID-19 Guide → Explore your gifts with my INTJ Workbook → Other Publications → ...and the fake word of the hour: "Maanining." I think this is related to friends who overstay their welcome.