Tuesday December 8, 2020
One thing I am loving lately is jury-rigged stuff. Today I was playing on my /r/cheapkeys Yamaha PSR, and realized I could see at least five things which I had rather quickly and cheaply hacked:
- A: Tinfoil “dish” hack for USB Wi-Fi adapter. This works REALLY well, easily doubling my internet speeds at quite a distance from the router.
- B: Shortwave antenna pass-through. I was planning something fancy but ended up opening the door and poking the antenna through above the hinge. Works fine. Fancy can come later.
- C: Outbuilding security door screen using cardstock paper. lol
- D: You can barely see this one, but my GP-5 SSB shortwave receiver is standing upright because I built a stand for it using pliers on some rigid wire I had laying around.
- E: Webcam privacy setting: Turned 90 degrees to the right
It’s funny how these little things can all add up to make a situation a lot more enjoyable.
(Eventually though the aesthetics will start to annoy me and there will probably be upgrades, but this is much more fun as a give-and-take than the 150% aesthetic way I used to do things, just IMO. ;-) )
Some Frameworks I Haven't Updated Lately, and Why →
White Guy Speaks INTJ in Local Market, Locals Stunned →
Coaching Update, and Some Tips on Finding A Good Coach →
I never thought I needed change, but it makes me proud to say →
A List of Some Extroverted Activities →
Things I Made for You
Own your procrastination with Whole Productivity, a new system → Get my free INTJ COVID-19 Guide → Explore your gifts with my INTJ Workbook → Other Publications → ...and the fake word of the hour: "Serrkoffing." Pretty sure it has to do with hair products.