For Those Detachers, For Us, Detachers, and for You, Detacher
Thursday April 16, 2020
Detacher: The opposite of an addict.
- Quitting bad things, and making big changes in my life, are my gifts!
- But also in a negative way
- Damn, I went off my medication again
- Not the one that saves my life
- But the one that I liked
- Why would I detach from that?
Why would I detach from…
- Something I like?
- Someone I like?
- The world?
I can see everything from here…from the outside. Why do I feel so supreme,
- And yet so troubled?
- I wonder if I could ever detach from my flesh and blood. The things I love…just
- Not in my attention anymore?
- Or if in my attention, somehow not…seen? Done? Anymore.
This is the detacher, when they realize that detachment is not just being “great at not being an addict.”
Marc's Random Subreddit Shortcut Discovery Meditation →
When Hyper-productivity Makes Fitness Suck →
The Manual-Writing Bonus and the Gift that Muted the World →
Amazing Sleep Equals Fewer Blog Posts →
A Takeaway from Day So Far →
Things I Made for You
Own your procrastination with Whole Productivity, a new system → Get my free INTJ COVID-19 Guide → Explore your gifts with my INTJ Workbook → Other Publications → ...and the fake word of the hour: "Wubaerpest." Which I believe is a term used when speaking about annoying family members.