A Primer: Who Needs Your Energy, #1
Monday July 1, 2019
INTJs have access to a special sort of energy that I’ll call, “seeing what the hell is going on.” Maybe: SWTHIGO. (OK, I wrote that prospectively, just to see how it would look, and I think I like it!)
As we travel through life, we all need to feel that our energy is being put to constructive use. As you interact with others, your sense of your own values being cherished, reinforced, and nurtured is going to depend a lot on whether & how that energy is being used.
So, some questions:
- Who around you needs your ability to see “what the hell is going on”?
- Who were those people in your past, present, and future?
- What did/do/will they need to see?
- Why do they need to see it?
- How do you end up finding yourself around those people?
- How will you take care of yourself after the other party is “full” and you have lost their attention?
Now, a big one, an exercise for your intuition, if you’ve worked through the questions above:
- Who do you see yourself helping to “see,” next? Under what conditions? What do they need from you?
This is all very prospective—let’s keep an open mind.
(I do worry a bit that by using the term “what the hell is going on” above, I may reinforce a tendency to be brutally direct. This is not my intention. People need gentle, positive feedback. Especially if you are not the one who will be doing the work to put the advice into action, it’s important to strike a balance between direct and indirect, between “heaven” and “hell” so to speak)
Things I Made for You
Own your procrastination with Whole Productivity, a new system → Get my free INTJ COVID-19 Guide → Explore your gifts with my INTJ Workbook → Other Publications → ...and the fake word of the hour: "Neon." Which I believe is a term used when speaking about immaturity.