A Non-research Exercise, on Research
Wednesday October 10, 2018
Let’s say you’re playing a role-playing game where your player-character is a really good researcher.
As a result, every time you roll the dice while solving a problem, bonus points are added to your roll if your solution involves research.
- How does this change the way you play the game?
- How does this change the way you interact with others in the game?
- How does this change the way you manage your time in-game?
- What do you do when you confront a problem that’s not amenable to research?
- How would other characters see your role? Are they right or wrong? How much does it matter?
- Any other insights?
If you have time, write or talk out your own answers. I’ll add my own answers later, too.