Topic: A Day by the Sea - new animation

Hi,

It's been a long time since I posted here, nice to see AoI and this forum is still around.
I've started to use AoI again, this time for animation.
Here's a small video I made; I've also made the music with a synthesizer I made myself:

http://vimeo.com/202110255

--

Helge

Thumbs up +1

Re: A Day by the Sea - new animation

long time sir!

only problem I had with video was it seemed to be dropping frames or something and giving it a bit of jitter in animation instead of a smooth transition, maybe something vimeo did to it in processing? not sure, it was like the FPS was a tad low like an old 3d video game not getting enough cpu and going "choppy" on the framerate but only a little.

otherwise great video, loved the car rolling off at the end with the little splat sound haha

I just recently have started messing around with CSound synthesizing, but I know very little about music, though I want to make some sounds for animations maybe... I"m still far behind you on music composing.

Last edited by doomseer (February 1, 2017, 11:28 pm)

May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot, DOOMSEER, nice to see you are still around.

The choppyness is because the framerate is only 12 fps.

As for the 'music', I'm not playing a note here, I have just set up a sequencer and some randomness. So the world of sound and music is still very much unfamiliar to me, but it's nice to bring sound and moving images together, makes something more than the sum of parts.

I wish you luck with your quest into synthesizing, hope to see and hear what you will make with it.

--

Helge

Thumbs up

Great work! smile

It's a fun idea how you have recycled the elements from one scene to another, like telling a story -- or a memory. The waves on the water look really nice. smile

Just out of curiosity, what version of AoI did you use for rendering the scene?

cool

...there's more to the picture than meets the eye...

Thanks, Pete. Nice to see you here again; and I see you are also on the developing side as well.

The water texture uses displacement for the waves; they are moving a bit, but maybe not enough to notice since the camera is on the move all the time. I tried using just bump, to keep the render times down, but it didn't look good (there was a lot of flickering). About two and a half minutes per frame where the water is prominent.

AoI version 3.0.3.

--

Helge

Thumbs up

and I see you are also on the developing side as well.

That's right. smile

Lucas is now hosting the development in GitHub . Peter wanted to hand the active leadership of the development forward. I started to work on the viewmanipulation, which has really been the pebble in my shoe for years. If you'd like to try out what I have been up to, you can find the prototype for testing in here.

We could also use someone to work on the homepages, which really are not very appealing to audiences of today. There has been some on and off discussion about it, but learning the tools that nowadays are used for keeping homepages is big project to start from scratch and it seems that getting the development running again was found more important at this point.

cool

...there's more to the picture than meets the eye...