Topic: Compositing

Hi All --

I am going to attempt to do my first composited animation, and need some advice. The scene will involve my "animated soap bubble" (in the animation thread), interacting with the "grass" and "sky" still render(s).

Basically, what I want to do is render the grass and sky, then use that "pic" in an animation of the soap bubble descending and popping. I realize that somehow I must use the effects catcher for the shadows, but all of this is new to me.

What I am trying to do here is reduce my rendering time from days to hours - because the displaced grass texture will not change, so why wait the extra 1/2 hour per frame to calculate the grass...

Am I going about this in the right direction ? If not, then other ideas are welcome.

TY -------> Bill

Life is like a bowl of cherries - there are pits everywhere
                      ** watch your step **

Thumbs up

Re: Compositing

I'm not an expert here, but the first thing I would try is to render the bubbles on completely white background. White backdrop and white ground for the shadows. Then I'd try to merge the bubble-video with the background image using blendmodes in a videoeditor. Not sure if that would work or not.

You have probably seen it already, but there's this old thread about effects catcher.. Hope this helps.
http://www.friendlyskies.net/aoiforum/v … hp?id=2248

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."