Re: having a lot of errors. Is something about java?

I collected just one error this afternoon. Here is the log file:
http://www.aoi-castellano.com.ar/img_al … .2-log.zip

This happened when i was up to write a name for simple animation i made (a cube moving straight).

Today i had my first error in the new , clean version of 2.7.2. I have just a few plugins installed.

PM editor hanged when up to make a plane for mirror modelling. I couldn't close my plane because of the hang. Notice that i'm using openGl since today, because i'm copying a drawing to make a character.

I think that OpenGl is the one making problems. Anyway, i've just downloaded the log plugin from the repository, and when i tried to draw a square again with "draw face" tool, i had a red alert.

So, i looked for my .artofillusion folder, and i founded 3 files in alerts subfolder. Those are the first alerts i get since i posted last month.

Those are the names of the files:

Alert-091125221450-NullPointerException-1693950951-01599891429-01861301038-01861301038-105545353

Alert-091125221502-NullPointerException-632412210-1599407723-1599406889-854000492-01034778237

Alert-091125221503-ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException-720285305-959575434-0419448656-01743423286-606532693

And there's a four new file, named: key-list

Should i stop using OpenGl? But i'm happy because i buy a scanner today! And i¡d like to scan some drawings to make them in 3d.

So, here are the problems again. Yesterday i posted the first ones, now a had another:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at artofillusion.ui.AutoScroller.mouseReleased(AutoScroller.java:51)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor103.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at buoy.internal.EventLinkRecord.dispatchEvent(EventLinkRecord.java:81)
    at buoy.event.EventSource.dispatchEvent(EventSource.java:140)
    at buoy.widget.Widget.dispatchEvent(Widget.java:326)
    at buoy.internal.EventLinkAdapter.dispatchEvent(EventLinkAdapter.java:212)
    at buoy.internal.EventLinkAdapter.mouseReleased(EventLinkAdapter.java:108)

Reported 1 time(s).

But OpenGl is already deactivated.

This is all i have installed:

http://www.aoi-castellano.com.ar/img_al_foro/errores/plugins_aoi.png

http://www.aoi-castellano.com.ar/img_al_foro/errores/script_aoi.png

And i think that EditorControls was installed yesterday, with LogPlugin, but i don't remember.

Mayid,

it doesn´t look like a real error , but it would be a good idea to report those alerts at Sourceforge.
Nik seems to have a look at SF more regularly.

Harald

Don´t start chasing rainbows - get caught by them.
Deutsches Portal für Art of Illusion

Thumbs up

... Actually, I have been trying to watch both, but also trying to keep up with travelling, teaching and visiting relatives. smile

The error seems to be in the Buoy code, or AOI GUI code.
Slugfiller reported something along these lines in SF, and also posted something about this in a separate report in FS.

I don't see anything in the error that indicates OpenGL. However, this problem doesn't seem to be particularly common, so I'm not sure how to recreate it and try to fix it.

I will try to find the other posts on this topic and see if there is anything I could do about it. If it's in the core, then realistically that needs Peter's attention.

So regardless of whether I frequent this or the other forum, you need to post in SourceForge if you need Pater's attention.

Cheers!
Nik

Honorable
I would not be a member of any club that would have me as a member
- Groucho Marx

Well, thanks. I don't really know why the problems occur. If it is a compatibility problem, it'd be good to detect the origin.

I posted in sourceforge. I'm not hurry asking for a solution. I'm just posting to know if someone else has a solution, or the same problem. But maybe you don't use XP?

I have a file with december errors. I post this in here, because sf thread has a link to this topic.

http://www.aoi-castellano.com.ar/img_al … errors.zip

neutral :: [corrected file]

Last edited by mayid (December 3, 2009, 11:48 am)

Hi Mayid,

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble downloading the file from the link above.

1. I assumed that "wrrors" should actually be "errors"
2. I assumed that the space after "december" should be converted into a URL equivalent.

Having ried both of these, I got taken to a site called 000webhost.com. Whether this is due to your RL, or to the proxy where I am currently connecting to the Internet, I can't tell.

Cheers!
Nik

Honorable
I would not be a member of any club that would have me as a member
- Groucho Marx

Ok. I packed it again, without space. Here:

http://www.aoi-castellano.com.ar/img_al … errors.zip

I've been writing in another thread with mayid about this problem. I'm having it too with the older 2.7.1 on Linux. Here are a few of the errors from the log:

5:16:58 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in SearchlistClassLoader.findResource() (SearchlistClassLoader.java:436)
   findResource: looking in artofillusion.util.SearchlistClassLoader@162ba99 for System.java

5:16:58 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0() (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:-2)
   Mechanisto inited? true

5:16:58 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in PreferencesPlugin.getPreferences() (PreferencesPlugin.java:156)
   PrefPlugin: getting prefs: Mechanisto-1

5:16:58 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0() (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:-2)
   Mechanisto on? false

5:16:59 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in ImageCanvas$2.componentResized() (ImageCanvas.java:191)
   ComponentListener: java.awt.event.ComponentEvent[COMPONENT_RESIZED (0,0 222x180)] on buoy.widget.CustomWidget$CustomWidgetComponent[,0,0,222x180,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=,flags=0,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=java.awt.Dimension[width=180,height=180]]

5:16:59 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in ImageCanvas.resize() (ImageCanvas.java:207)
   ImageCanvas.resize(): bounds=java.awt.Rectangle[x=0,y=0,width=222,height=180]

5:16:59 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in ImageCanvas.resize() (ImageCanvas.java:225)
   ImageCanvas.resize: width=222; height=180

5:16:59 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in ImageCanvas.resize() (ImageCanvas.java:228)
   ImageCanvas.preferredSize=java.awt.Dimension[width=180,height=180]

5:16:59 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in ImageCanvas.resize() (ImageCanvas.java:231)
   bounds=java.awt.Rectangle[x=0,y=0,width=222,height=180]

5:16:59 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in ImageCanvas.resize() (ImageCanvas.java:260)
   resize: ratio=1.0; width=180; height=180

5:17:47 PM EST [AWT-EventQueue-0] in WidgetFlasher.reset() (WidgetFlasher.java:268)
   WidgetFlasher: reset. on=false

I don't recall what I was doing but it mostly happens when I'm mapping a texture. It seems random to me.
I'm running Java 1.6.0_3 on Linux. Memory: 17 mb used out of 21 Mb allocated Open GL is unavailable and enabled.

As for the OpenGl being unavailble -- don't ask, lol. One of the guys (I think it was either Harold or Nik but I can't remember now) was trying to help me over on Sourceforge but we couldn't get it to work. I think it was because my system is "older" and the dependencies (dll's in Windows language) are older.

mayid wrote:

java -version: 1.6.0_16

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_16-b01)
Java hotSpot Client VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

On xp SP3 proffesional.

Machine: AMD Athlon II x2, 2.9Ghz, 2gb RAM.

For AMD Athlon there is a specially created JDK ( for example jdk-6-linux-amd64.bin). The JDK for Intel machines is different (for example jdk-6-linux-i586.bin). Could it be that your earlier machine was Intel and you used that with AMD Athlon? The installation of JDK should have complained about the different machine architecture.

You may also try to reduce the memory allocated to the JVM . In the aoi.sh start script, the memory allocation is done by the line
MEM=-Xmx1024m

I have encountered this sometimes and got around by not specifying xm at all or reducing it
MEM=-Xmx256m
What was the memory in your earlier machine?

Hope it helps.
Vinod Kumar

Last edited by kvinodkumar (January 8, 2010, 2:52 am)

Thumbs up

Thanks. I'll try reducing the memory, or at least checking the MEM line.

Respecting to JDK, actually i didn't had one till last week, when i downloaded the NetBeans+JDK pack. Why should i had one before? I do want to program in JAVA but i'm just starting...

btw: whre should i found aoi.sh ? Should i unpack some file ?

I don't remember if you said you were running Windows, or Linux.

If you're running Linux:
It should be in your startup directory where AOI resides like: <folder where you put AOI>/ArtOfIllusion[followed by version #] and then you should see aoi.sh. There will be some folders there too like, Icon, Lib, Plugins, Scripts, Uninstaller. Look below them and you'll see it and you would be able to open it in an editor like, Kate.

If you're running Windows, I guess aoi.sh is the equivalent of Art of Illusion.exe. You'll need a compiler to view it. (I don't remember if you said you have one). Anyway, someone else more familiar with Windows stuff will have to help. smile

Mh. I have an artofillusion.jar file (an even an exe file). I can open it. But then what should i look for?

Anyway, i remember there's another way to assign memory to aoi. Trough command line. But if i have 2gb of RAM i'd like to keep 1024mb in aoi configuration. I know it's the limit.

Despite of all, let's try with less memory. What about you, gymnart? Will you try something like that too?

The limit is around 1,5 Gbyte on 32 bit Systems.
I use this command line:
javaw -Xmx1536m -Djava.library.path=.;lib -cp ArtOfIllusion.jar;jogl.jar;jinput.jar artofillusion.ModellingApp

Copy that text into an textfile and rename it to AoIstart.bat (or whatever *.bat you like)

If you would like more ram use a 64 bit Linux and more ram of course.

Don´t start chasing rainbows - get caught by them.
Deutsches Portal für Art of Illusion

Thumbs up

Done. Finally i added memory instead of resting RAM. Maybe that can help... I'm totally blind.